Google

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Fuck off talent shows

Yes you heard me. Fuck off talent shows. Brainwashing our society into mindless idiots who live and breath on the "talents" in these talent shows. Congrats to channel U, they are really good at exploiting the people into casting votes for these "talents". You will realise why I'm calling them "talents" after watching them sing and perform, but only if you know what good music or real talent is. If not, you will be puzzled and think, "what the fuck is this guy talking about? They are a bunch of talented little fucks!".

Just the other day GOC was telling me that his parents do takeaways whenever the finals of these talent shows are being screened. The same day I was pissed at my mom for hogging the cable tv to watch this show that I detest so much. "Campus Superstar" is a talent show for kids or tertiary student rejected in the Singapore Idol or the "Jue Dui Superstar". With lame slogans to go with the shows like "there is you then there wont be him" direct translation from chinese. Watching them sing its like watching a karaoke competition for kids, like the one they show for PSA night every saturday. They groom themselves by dressing better and looking more stylish as they progress. Come on man, its not going to make you guys better singers or more talented! Its like if I spray perfume on a piece of dog shit, it just hides the smell of the shit, it doesn't make it not a dog shit anymore.

I was watching Channel U's superband recently to do some "research". Being a band you get to name your band all kinds of name that you want. Boyband naming themselves "Soul", such a typical boyband name. A linkin park style band with disc scratching calling themselves "shi nuo bi", I am guessing they are fans of naruto as well to call themselves shinobi. Another band that looks like they worship satan, they dress like goths and naming their band "lucify". Guess what song they played? "Monkey God". WHAT THE FUCK? I realised bands who overdressed play like shit, I'm in no position to say they play like shit coz i can't play a thing but at least I would know good music when i hear one. The only band that caught my attention the most and actually I can't believe I'm actually impressed by a band in this competition. Its a all malay acapella group singing chinese songs. How can you not be impressed by that? This competition is getting all the boy/girl bands, rock bands, acapella to battle out with each other. This isn't even a fair competition, they are all different genres! All the fucking teenage girls will definitely wear their cellphones out by voting for the boyband showing all their hiphop moves.

Seriously channel U, stop manipulating the teenagers of Singapore into idol worshipping zombies. Looks like it is going to be the end of the world! Who's going to save us from this catastrophe?!

No comments: